"Hot springs, turtles, volcanoes, panoramic views, beaches, culture, festivals, hiking, nature reserves....the list goes on! Get to Costa Rica!"
From the tropical trails of Tortuguero to the beaches and volcanoes of the Gulf of Papagayo, experience some of the best Costa Rica has to offer on this fantastic two-week tour. Travel through banana plantations and local villages, take a guided tour through the canals of Tortuguero and indulge in some adrenaline-pumping activities at the Arenal Volcano. Discover amazing National Parks, explore beautiful beaches and relax in hot springs on this luxurious tour through Costa Rica.
This two-week long trip offers travellers spectacular guided tours around some of Costa Rica’s most beautiful sites, with plenty of time to relax and explore at your own pace too. Begin your journey in gorgeous Tortuguero, a nesting ground for at least four different types of sea turtles. From here you will travel through Puerto Viejo, famous for its surfing and laidback attitude, and Bajos Del Toro, where you can spend time hiking through the Bosque de Paz Rain and Cloud Forest Reserve. End your trip in the Gulf of Papagayo, Costa Rica’s premier setting for luxury resorts and beaches. Your three days here are free for you to fully explore and enjoy all that the gulf has to offer. This is truly a luxury journey, so jam-packed with adventure that the memories you make will last a lifetime!
Asuaire takes sustainability seriously. Having achieved the highest award from both the CST (Certification of Tourism Sustainability) and The Blue Flag Ecology Program, Asuaire have taken the necessary steps to provide and promote sustainable tourism. Both these certificates are aimed at protecting the natural environment as well as providing education and information on sustainable practices. Asuaire prides itself on being a Carbon Neutral company, awarded by INTECO (The Technical Standards Institute of Costa Rica) in 2012, meaning they have a net zero carbon footprint. The company only uses suppliers that promote best practices - both in terms of sustainability and social responsibility.
To ensure that its own operations are sustainable, Asuaire has implemented a number of initiatives focusing on social, environmental and economic sustainability. These include a water efficiency program, which involves an internal educational program for employees to increase the efficient use of water, an electricity program, and a waste program. Furthermore, the company commits itself to regularly holding voluntary gatherings to plant native trees, to aid reforestation efforts. Finally, Asuaire prioritises hiring local tour guides to create opportunities and strengthen the sources of employment in all parts of all the countries in which it operates.
Arrive in San Jose and transfer from the airport to your hotel.
Leave your hotel in San Jose fairly early to begin your road trip. Drive through the Braulio Carrillo National Park, stopping for a typical Costa Rican breakfast in Guápiles. Continue through banana plantations and local villages before reaching the dock – board the boats and navigate the canals of Tortuguero to reach your lodge. Enjoy a welcome drink and lunch, then explore the area with visits to the museum, beach and the small town of Tortuguero.
Take a walk through the tropical trails in the morning, and enjoy an afternoon boat ride through the canals of Tortuguero. In the nesting season (July to October), there is an option to take a nightly turtle-nesting tour.
After breakfast, you’ll travel to Guapiles to receive your Daihatsu Bego 4x4 (or similar model) – yours for 10 days, with full cover insurance included! Next, continue to the Puerto Viejo de Limon.
Spend a free day enjoying the beach or exploring the Cahuita National Park and its surroundings.
Continue to Bajos del Toro, and enjoy its natural wonders – walk the trails, sit by the river or go into town to barter at the local market.
Enjoy some time at the fantastic Arenal Volcano. Take a zip-line ride, relax in the hot springs or explore the hanging bridges.
Travel to the Gulf of Papagayo and explore its beaches and volcanoes.
Return to San Jose and take the afternoon to discover the city at your leisure.
Take your rental vehicle back to the airport and board your onward flight.
- Price shown is based on double occupancy (2 adults sharing) during the low season
- Click 'Ask a Question' to find out more about this tour's departure dates and costs
- Price shown is with taxes included
- Prices may change due to rate change from Asuaire's providers or lack of availability where a change could imply an extra cost
- Asuaire's cancellation policies are aligned by their providers' policies. For non-peak season bookings travelers get a full refund 20 days before the trip, except in cases where the provider specifically demands the contrary, in which case, Asuaire will send a copy of the explanation. For cancellations during Christmas, New Year's and Holly Week, 40 days before arrival travelers will get a refund except in cases where the provider specifically demands the contrary, in which case, Asuaire will send a copy of the explanation.
- 11 x nights of lodging with breakfast included
- A three-day/two-night guided tour to Tortuguero (including transportation, accommodation, meals, guide, entrance to the National Park, and an excursion along the canals and the town)
- Daihatsu Bego 4×4 for 10 days (with full cover insurance)
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary - if in doubt, click 'Ask a Question' to chat to the operator directly!